Johannesburg is a sprawling city. You can be close to some attractions and far from others. The Birches will give you all the information required. From organising your tours, providing bus tickets or organising Uber. We have pre-prepared self-guide tour sheets with all the detailed getting there info. Sometimes we even accompany you!
Within safe walking distance are the following:
- Grocery stores and fast food outlets. Will organise delivery if you would prefer to chill or are too tired.
- Highly rated restaurants including Bikaner, The Argentinian, Whippet, Van Der Linde, Satori, Picola and Paputzis.
- Highly rated bars including Brian Lara, Choo Choo, Craft Beer Library and Tonic.
- Top Rumours night club.
- 9 hole Creek 9 Mashie golf course.
- Linden covered swimming pool.
- Many churches.
A little further (can get there on a bicycle safely):
- Johannesburg Botanical Garden (with mountain bike track).
- Emmerentia dam to feed the ducks.
- Northcliff eco-park to do sundowners looking over Johannesburg.
Further afield are your start of trip destinations. We will organise on very short notice tours to:
- Johannesburg and Soweto
- Kruger National Park
- Pilanesberg and Sun City